Foreign Ministry Luxembourg
Photos: Steve Troes
Chairs S 55 PVF, S 55 PVFST und S 5509 Stapelwagen
The former Palace of Justice in Luxembourg’s old city centre was built in 1545 as a private residence and is today considered one of the oldest buildings in the city and also one of the most beautiful. After the renovation and extension work was concluded in 2016, the Foreign Ministry of Luxembourg moved into the historic palace. In collaboration with Kaell Architecte and the interior designers arend+thill – both from Luxembourg – the Spanish architectural office Guillermo Vázquez Consuegra developed a suspenseful design of the representative rooms in the palace, characterised by transparency. They decided to use a total of almost 300 chairs of model S 55 by Thonet in a fully upholstered version with armrests (PVF) to furnish the conference and meeting rooms in both an attractive and comfortable way. The elegant, comfortable all-rounder is based on the cantilever construction principle and, with its one-piece seat shell, offers the highest level of comfort. The clear lines of its design and basalt-grey cover elegantly fit in with the modern interior of the historic building.