Interior design: Plenge & Plenge
Photos: Regine Rabanus, Photodesign
Chairs: S 55 PVFST
Since the foundation of the company in 1951, the headquarters of the WAGO Group has been located in Minden in east Westphalia. The site was continuously expanded over the years, including the addition of a modern development centre, until expansion concluded in 2001. The construction and architectural office Plenge & Plenge together with the internal architecture department planned and built the new conference and competence centre. Conference, training and project rooms, a restaurant and an auditorium for large-scale events are housed on three levels. In 2016, the building was completely refurnished – among others, with 750 Thonet chairs. The architects selected the chair range S 55 designed in 2010 by the Thonet Design Team for various meeting rooms and the large auditorium. More than 300 model S 55 PVFST were used in a special version with row linking in the auditorium alone. With an upholstered seat in black-blue and armrests made of oak, the chair offers plenty of comfort. 25 chairs with a grass-green cover are special eye-catchers in the large hall. Green versions of the chair also form highlights between the black-blue chairs in various other rooms.